What Is Premature Ejaculation?
Doctors say that if you climax within two minutes of intercourse, you are impacted by premature ejaculation. However, if you are unsure if you are suffer from the condition, you should see a doctor. 33% of men, young or old, are impacted by premature ejaculation, so you are not alone in this world.
Is Premature Ejaculation The Same As Erectile Dysfunction?
Though it is not the same as erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence, it could be a pointer that you may contract ED in the future. In premature ejaculation, you climax early, while in ED, you cannot get or maintain an erection.
What Are The Causes Of Premature Ejaculation?
There are 4 factors that can cause this condition:
- Physical – examples: injuries to the abdominal area, surgery on areas near the penis
- Medical conditions – examples: blood pressure, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Benign Prostate Hyperplasia
- Medicines – there are over 200 drugs whose side effects can cause premature ejaculation
- Psychological – examples: stress, depression, cultural factors (like parental conditioning), conflict with partner
Can Premature Ejaculation Be Cured?
Yes, so long the root cause is treated, and not just the symptom. The doctor analyses the cause and then recommends a treatment program. Treatment can be a mixture of sex therapy and medication or a change in lifestyle.
Here are some of the recommended treatments based on the cause:
- If the cause is stress – the cure is relaxation by practicing meditation or yoga and by eliminating daily stressful events
- If the cause is a conflict with partner – sex therapy and counseling is recommended
- If the cause is a medical condition – appropriate medicine is prescribed. Medications – serotonin uptake inhibitors (which increase the production of serotonin) and anti-depressants are prescribed to treat the condition.
- If the causes are alcohol and/or smoking – the patient is advised to give up these vices
- If the cause is a drug – then the medicines are reviewed and changed
Partner’s help – Doctors also encourage partners to get into the act by applying the “squeeze.” In this technique, the partner squeezes the head of the penis just before the man is about to ejaculate.
The ejaculation stops and then the couple goes back to foreplay until the man feels like ejaculating again, and then it is time to apply the squeeze again. This goes on until the man can engage in proper, meaningful intercourse.
What Can Premature Ejaculation Lead To?
If the condition is not treated, it can ruin the patient’s psychology and even break a relationship. It is best to treat it at the first sign. It is also a good idea to talk to your partner and tell her about what’s going on.
I Have Hypersensitive Skin, What Should I Do?
People with sensitive skin on the penis should use numbing creams or thicker condoms. Certain condoms contain anesthetics and they can help too.
Is Surgery Recommended For The Condition?
Most premature ejaculation cases are caused by psychological problems and therefore cannot be treated with surgery. Remember, this condition is not a disease – rather, it is more of an emotional, lifestyle or physical problem.
Should I Consult My Family Physician For The Condition?
No, you should consult an experienced urologist. You can request your family’s physician for a recommendation though.
Does Premature Ejaculation Cause Infertility?
No, so don’t worry. If your sperm count and sperm health is fine, there’s nothing to worry about. However, if your sperm cannot ejaculate into or reach the woman’s vagina, then pregnancy may not occur.
Does Premature Occur At Any Age?
No, it can impact anyone.
Is It Hereditary?
Nope, that is not true.
Do Penis Enhancement Pills Or Penis Pumps Help?
Yes, to some extent. Penis enhancement pills contain herbs like horny goat weed and ginseng that increase the flow of blood to the penis, which leads to stronger and long-lasting erections.
Penis pumps work by stretching the penile tissue and thereby increasing the penis’s blood-retaining capacity, which in turn leads to long-lasting erections.
Many doctors recommend penis pumps to treat erectile dysfunction.